Saturday, May 18, 2013

Better Than Me!

I think every parent's goal is for their kids to become better people than they were in every aspect of life.  I can only hope my kids are on that path.  I was forced to grow up fast when I became a single dad.  A lot of you know I have 2 boys.  When I became a single dad they were 3 and 7 years old.  I don't know how we managed.  There were times where we were sleeping on the floor in an apartment I could barely afford.  My kids were none the wiser.  They had no idea we were struggling.  Even though we were struggling at the time, they didn't have to know that.  I made sure they always had smiles on their faces.  Thank God he made me the way I am.  I'm goofy and don't take myself too seriously.  I'm never afraid to make a fool of myself.

I must admit I was pretty immature and had no idea what I was doing but I managed.  My kids are going to be 14 and 10 this year and I couldn't be happier.  The single dad days have gone away.  I'm marrying +Twayna Thompson next month.  She has been the best thing that has happened to us.  She helped me grow up and become a better man and father.  Unfortunately I was put in a position where I was looking for a mom as well as a wife.  I'm grateful that I found someone that loves my kids as her own.  With her help they have become better people and better students.  I can't wait for her to be my wife and be stuck with me(lol).

On Tuesday June 21, my 14 yr old, +anthony feliciano is being inducted into the Junior National Honor Society and I couldn't be prouder.  It's been a rough time and we had to get on his back a little bit but he did it.  It feels good to know he is a way better student than I was.  I find it amazing.

No comments: